Dept. of Tamil
Dept. of Bank Management
Dept. of Commerce
Dept. of Tamil
Dept. of Computer Science
|1||1.12.2016||Awareness programme on “HIV/AIDS Prevention among Rural Women”|
|2||4.3.2017.||“1000 TREE SAPLING DISTRIBUTION AND PLANTATION”|
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are
- i. Understand the community in which they work
- ii. Understand themselves in relation to their community
- iii. Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving
- iv. Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- v. Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- vi. Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- vii. Gain skills in mobilising community participation
- viii. Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- ix. Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- x. Practise national integration and social harmony
The Motto of NSS "Not Me But You", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person's point of view and also show consideration to other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is well doctrined in this motto, which underlines on the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
The symbol for the NSS has been based on the giant Rath Wheel of the world famous Konark Sun Temple (The Black Pagoda) situated in Orissa, India. The wheel portrays the cycle of creation, preservation and release and signifies the movement in life across time and space. The symbol thus stands for continuity as well as change and implies the continuous striving of NSS for social change.
The NSS Symbol is embossed on the badge. The eight bars in the wheel represent the 24 hours of a day. The red color indicates that the volunteer is full of young blood that is lively, active, energetic and full of high spirit. The navy blue colour indicates the cosmos of which the NSS is tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.